The Journal of Economics and Business Research is an official scientific publication that publishes research results that examine various social phenomena in the form of theoretical studies, social concepts, research results and social applications that have never been published. This statement of the scientific code of ethics is a statement of all parties involved in the publication process of the Journal of Economics and Business including managers, editors, review partners, and authors. This statement of the code of ethics for scientific publications is based on the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications. Ethics of scientific publications upholds three ethical values in publication, namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, namely granting authorship rights to those entitled to become authors/writers; and (iii) Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publications. In order to avoid plagiarism, each submitted manuscript will be further checked with a plagiarism checker application, namely Turnitin.
Journal Manager Duties and Responsibilities
1. Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and application for accreditation if necessary. Determine the membership of the editorial board.
2. Define the relationship between publishers, editors, review partners, and other parties in a contract.
3. Appreciate things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and review partners.
4. Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
5. Review the journal's policy and submit it to the authors, the editorial board, reviewers, and readers.
6. Create guidelines for rules and ethics of conduct for editors and review partners.
7. Publish journal regularly.
8. Ensure the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
9. Build a network of cooperation with research institutions and related agencies
10. Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
1. Meeting the needs of readers and writers, seeking to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis,
2. Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
3. Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively,
4. Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
5. Submit corrections, clarifications, and apologies if needed,
6. Responsible for the style and format of writing scientific papers, while the contents and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author.
7. Actively solicit opinions from authors, readers, review partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
8. Conducting periodic internal evaluations of the quality of scientific journals
9. Support the author's initiative on publication ethics by including a clearance form in every manuscript submission
10. Open-minded to new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions for the advancement of science,
11. Avoiding objective decisions by not defending their own opinions, authors or third parties by seeking solutions that are scientifically justifiable,
12. Encouraging writers to make improvements to their writings until they are worthy of publication.
Bestari Partner Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing the written work and submitting the results of the study to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a written work to be published,
- The reviewer does not conduct a scientific study of the written work that involves himself, either directly or indirectly,
- Provide suggestions, input and positive recommendations on scientific writing manuscripts,
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations on a manuscript,
- Encouraging writers to make improvements to written works,
- Reviewing the written work that has been repaired in accordance with predetermined standards,
- The written work is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.) that have been determined.
Author's Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that those included in the list of authors have met the criteria as authors,
- Be collectively responsible for the work and content of the article including methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the study.
- Respond to comments made by peer reviewers and the editorial board in a scientifically professional manner and in a timely manner.
- Inform the editor in writing if he will withdraw his written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, and has never been published anywhere and in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.